lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV HP-UX and snake targets (was text/html; q=0.000)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV HP-UX and snake targets (was text/html; q=0.000)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 05:48:43 -0500 (EST)

> On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > I don't have acces to a HP-UX system to check anything, but below is what
> > I found in the comp.sys.hp.hpux FAQ.  I'm afraid it doesn't help much.
I have a 9.03 & 9.04 (or 9.05) at work, with K&R c as well as gcc 2.7.2

> > Also check the man page for "cc -Ae"; it enables the the HPUX_SOURCE
> > namespace.
right. I know about that from users for ncurses.  My script doesn't (yet)
check for that.

once we get auto-configure folded in, the only special treatment I know
of for HP-UX is to handle the #ifdefs for ANSI/K&R compilers.  (All of
this other stuff will go away).  Perhaps you should try my configure
patch (it works on my HP-UX box).

ftp.clark.net/pub/dickey/lynx/patches
        cfg4lynx.zip
        lynx2-7-970217-auto.patch.gz