lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Two bugs in Lynx,

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Two bugs in Lynx,
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 23:07:14 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Foteos Macrides said:

> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 19:35:59 -0500 (EST)
>
> Joe Kislo <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>
> >[...]Hopefully someone there is familure with MVS. [...]
>
>       The hope must have two parts:  familiarity with MVS and
> ability to add that support to the ftp gateway.
>
>       So far, that combination has not been realized.
>
>       The Lynx ftp gateway does support CMS/VM ftp servers, and perhaps
> that code could provide a basic model of how to do it for MVS servers.

I tried implementing MVS as generic RFC 1738 -- no attempt to interpret
the NLST output.  This successfully negotiated the CWD sequence, but
hung at the attempt to transfer a file.  I suspect I'm not getting the
secondary port connected correctly.  Maybe I'll try harder.

BTW, does anyone know an MVS anonymous FTP server I can test on?

Thanks,
gil
;
;