lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV signal handling

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: LYNX-DEV signal handling
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 02:54:23 -0800

I am fooling around with some changes to simplify the signal handling in
Lynx.

Many places in the code have sequences similar to this:

    (void) signal(SIGHUP, SIG_DFL);
    (void) signal(SIGTERM, SIG_DFL);
#ifndef VMS
    (void) signal(SIGINT, SIG_DFL);
#endif /* !VMS */
#ifdef SIGTSTP
    if (no_suspend)
        (void) signal(SIGTSTP, SIG_DFL);
#endif /* SIGTSTP */
    exit(-1);

Under all Unix systems with which I am familiar, this sequence should be
unnecessary.  If a process is exiting, it is committed to doing so; no
special signal processing should be necessary.

Would there be any negative consequences if this sequence were replaced
with a simple:

    exit(-1);

?

>Bela<