lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: continued problems with ssleay patches for zip

From: Tom Zerucha
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: continued problems with ssleay patches for zip
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:39:58 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote to me instead of lynx-dev:

I use linux-slang with NSL_FORK, and both versions (proxy) and the overlay
archive work at www.rsa.com.  Sometimes remote sites have problems, and
will connect, but not continue.

>       I don't know.  I have no problem accessing the https stuff
> at RSA, or anywhwere else, and now can both read and post to Netscape's
> secnews SSL news server as well.  Has Tom tried the lastest SSL patch
> set and had any problems?

This is with the 2/9 set you sent me, as well as my proxy which I have
only made one minor change in the advanced version since the release (this
was in site name matching, WWW.RSA.COM == www.rsa.com and == rsa.com if
the cert has the name of "rsa.com").

>       Note that the people using a hookless Lynx with Tom's SSL
> daemon should be able to just define snewspost_proxy and
> snewsreply_proxy identically to their snews_proxy for that daemon,
> but that hasn't been tested empirically yet, i.e., I'm waiting for
> Tom to try it and let me know if it actually works.

I haven't tried the post stuff (since I don't have a URL to point at), but
the snews still works with the proxy.  I assume that snewspost_proxy would
be "nntp://";.

The overlay says it is making an NNTP connection, and the link is slow so
I don't know if it completes.

address@hidden
finger address@hidden for PGP key

;