lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: continued problems with ssleay patches for zip

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: continued problems with ssleay patches for zip
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 20:44:59 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote to me instead of lynx-dev:
>Now, to be honest, this is a URL from the lynx-dev newsgroup that
>I've not had a chance to try out using Netscape at work.  So I am
>assuming that it is _supposed_ to work.  Since the behavior is similar
>to that shown before today, I have to assume there's some sort of
>ongoing problem.
>
>This is using the latest pre-release 2.7, along with your latest email
>of replacement modules.  It was compiled with Sun's c compiler in
>debug mode (so no optimiser) along with ncurses on a SPARC /Solaris 2.4.
>
>HTParse: aName:https://www.rsa.com/   relatedName:
>1
>HTParse: result:https://www.rsa.com/
>LYMain.c: User in REMOTE domain
>Entering mainloop, startfile=https://www.rsa.com/
>LYGetFile: getting https://www.rsa.com/
>[...]
>Sending HTTP request.
>HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
>HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
>HTTP: Trying to read 1023
>HTTP: Read 0
>HTTP: Hit unexpected network read error; aborting connection; status 0.
>
>Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.

        I don't know.  I have no problem accessing the https stuff
at RSA, or anywhwere else, and now can both read and post to Netscape's
secnews SSL news server as well.  Has Tom tried the lastest SSL patch
set and had any problems?

        Note that the people using a hookless Lynx with Tom's SSL
daemon should be able to just define snewspost_proxy and
snewsreply_proxy identically to their snews_proxy for that daemon,
but that hasn't been tested empirically yet, i.e., I'm waiting for
Tom to try it and let me know if it actually works.

                                Fote