lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg, accessing & modify

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg, accessing & modify
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 06:16:17 -0500 (EST)

> From: address@hidden (GEOFFREY MORGAN VOETH)
>         How do I reconfigure the Lynx.cfg file to allow downloading
>         of binary files via Xmodem, Ymodem or direct to my PC disk.
>
>         I use QuicklinkII VT100 like software connected to LYNX
>         via freenet named AzTec.asu.edu..
>
>         My background is technical and I have great difficulty in
>         understanding the Liberal Arts style verbosity within the
>         Help area.

Did you read the comments in lynx.cfg itself?  There are examples of downloader
configurations, including some for zmodem.  I use a slightly modified version
of the zmodem example, calling 'sz -b' instead of 'sz %s' so it will download
BINARIES.  The exact line from my lynx.cfg is:

DOWNLOADER:Use Zmodem to download to the local terminal:set %s
%s;td=/tmp/Lsz$$;mkdir $td;ln -s $1 $td/"$2";sz -b $td/"$2";rm -r $td:TRUE

It works fine.  I use ProcommPlus, emulating vt220 with default downloading
protocol set to zmodem.  Running sz seems to download files fine automatically,
without having to type any commands manually on my PC.
I don't know about QL2.
--le
;
;