lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Displaying graphics

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Displaying graphics
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 18:21:16 -0500

I was using lynx and tried to follow a link to a jpeg,
and it tried to display it using xv.

We don't have xv installed, for a specific reason: it isn't free
software.  We tried asking the developers if they would change the
terms on xv to make it free, but they wouldn't do it.

Could you please change Lynx not to try to use xv?
I've found that xview works for displaying a jpeg,
and I believe that is free.

--
We are holding the second free software conference in San Francisco on
February 20-21.  We hope you can come.  For more info, see