lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: text justification inconsistency (fwd)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: text justification inconsistency (fwd)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:00:21 +0900 (JST)

> Can you post this guy's address, so we can remind him that his magazine

People, let's not make Lynx a cult religion.  Through the grape vine I've
found that a number of people on this list have been sending some pretty
nasty and offensive stuff out to HTML authors/web masters.  If you must
make criticism, please try to make it constructive and polite.  If you
happen to get a nasty reply in return, try to let it go because no persuading
is going to change such a person's mind anyway.  Really, shouldn't it be
the person directly involved with the problem site who does the communicating,
e.g., in the case at hand, someone who has subscribed to or is thinking of
subscribing to the magazine?

Please also consider that many people at first do not realize that this is
an open list; some think it is a developers-only list.  What you say may
very well be (and has in fact so been) construded as coming from the developer
team.  Haven't we insulted the one man who's been carrying Lynx to new heights
these past years enough?

In one phrase: please don't give Lynx a bad name.

__Henry
;
;