lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:37:49 -0500 (EST)

Duncan Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>>      It think that's highly ill-advised and should not be done.
>
>> should always be present (unless 'A'lways of ne'V'er have been set for
>> the site) together with the ability to change the 'accept' settings via
>> the Cookie Jar Page.  For people not in a position to download the
>
>Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I haven't pulled a Lynx with
>Cookie support in yet.  Is there a way that the user could add a command
>line switch (yes, another one :>) that basically tells Lynx "I don't want
>to accept Cookies from anywhere" and Lynx will just pop-up a little note
>saying that it was offered a Cookie?  Does this make sense (compared to
>ifdefing).

        It has a compilation option to set never as the default, which
can be overridden in lynx.cfg, and the default can be toggled via a
-cookies command line switch.  It doesn't issue statusline messages
when it ignores Set-Cookie headers.  They would either whizz by too
fast to read, or you'd have to impose sleep()'s to make them persist,
which would be just as annoying as the prompts when you don't want
to accept any cookies during that session.

        If you haven't set or toggled never as the default, then the
default is to prompt for each new domain (and any new cookies from it,
if you don't set always or never for it).  You cannot set always as
the full session default, only never or prompt.

                                Fote