lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV cd-online mail

From: Eli's redistribution point
Subject: LYNX-DEV cd-online mail
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 97 22:22 EST

This is not a Lynx question, I just am looking for people with
similar experiences.

Sometime after I added <link rev=made ...> tags to all my files
I started getting mail to the address I used for the mailto from
a variety of cd-online sites (eg, cd-online.nl, cd-online.co.uk).
These all have a subject of "No subject" and a one or zero word
body. They also all have an X-Mailer tag for a CD-Online program.
They come from different users (although often in clumps from
a user) and have been happening off and on.

Are other people getting these? What's the deal with them? I
replied to a few and sent mail to postmasters at the sites
with no response. Is cd-online an ISP or what? (I do not
know how to do whois lookups for anything outside of the
TLDs net|com|edu|org|gov|mil, so I haven't looked this up.)

Elijah
------
please do not CC me when replying to the list

;
;