lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV problem regarding newsgroup access

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem regarding newsgroup access
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:59:15 -0500 (EST)

  X-Personal_name: Sudhir
  From: address@hidden

  Dear Sir/s, I am finding difficulty in accessing Newsgroup what
  changes I should make to my lynx browser.. Thank You..

To have an idea what is going wrong, we would need more information
about the environment where Lynx is running, what you tried, and
what went wrong.

Have you thoroughly read the User's Guide section on reading and
posting to News, and the comments in lynx.cfg where it talks about
how you tell Lynx about the News services in your environment?

Key terms to search for to get started are INEWS and NNTPSERVER.

What I recently did to finally get the News gateway working was
add the -h modifier in the lynx.cfg definition:

INEWS:inews -h

You may or may not need that, and there are various other places
for the connection to break.

Good luck!

--
Al Gilman