lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?

From: Audin Malmin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:58:53 -0800

Rob Partington writes:
> T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > Is your implementation stable enough that I can simply point people at it,
>
> The old implementation is, the new one isn't (but isn't up anywhere yet).
> (At least, I've never had any trouble with it  ;-)

I've been using it since Sept 21 with no problems...  (although the version I
have isn't perfect...some colors don't correctly scroll when you PgDN to
another screen...)  It's certainly FAR nicer than standard B&W Lynx, though.
I don't ever wish to go back.  (Which is why I'm using a lynx that was
compiled in september...  :)  )

> It might be an idea to maintain it anyway.  People may not want the hassle
> of mine (you have to set styles for elements, and it can be fiddly).

A nice big list of STYLE lines included in the lynx.cfg would be nice to have.

To make it look really nice you have to grab an HTML cheat sheet and start
sticking in STYLE lines for every tag on the list.

An html document that uses every tag is helpful, as well...