lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx on DOS? -Reply

From: David Godshall
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx on DOS? -Reply
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 12:09:00 -600

 | I heard that there is a version of Lynx that runs on DOS, but can't seem
 | to find it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

DosLynx, a distant cousin to Lynx developed by the same people who
originally developed Lynx (University of Kansas) is available.  You can
get the last version the KU was in charge of from their site, but you might
instead visit Wayne Buttles' web site (http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/)
for newer versions and other DosLynx information.  It is still considered
"alpha", meaning it has a lot of bugs, but fewer now than Wayne has
worked on it.

There is also a LISTSERV for DosLynx.  Send E-Mail to
address@hidden to subscribe, and put the following line in the
body of the message (subject can be blank):

SUBSCRIBE DOSLYNX-DEV <your name>

Put your own first and last name instead of <your name>.  This is not a
very busy list normally.

Finally, there is work on porting the full Lynx to DOS, with an
experimental version available for 386+.  Unfortunately, it may be close to
imposible to fit the regular Lynx into an 8088 or 286 computer, though
there is certainly need for that.

David Godshall, DosLynx-Administrator
;
;