lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV welcome to LyWeb

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV welcome to LyWeb
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 12:44:03 -0500 (EST)

David,

I like your explanation of the IP number workaround for the Sun
bug [which you just mentioned on lynx-learners].  I have linked
to it from my Q/A installation.

I would rather have had a named anchor to target in my href,
something like ...#sun-bug or whatever.  Your page now has enough
good stuff in it that it might stand more structural
infrastructure.  It is certainly an addition to the WorldWide net
worth of help resouces for Lynx.

I recently added a wee tad more structure to my page.  I drew the
line at putting the table of contents at the head of the page,
however.  It sits offline in a file of its own.  This fits with
my writing-style religion.  I think that so long as we are
writing Hypertext, a page should lead with crisp, essential
stuff, with a minimum of overhead.  For the speech-aware author,
this particularly means few overhead links at the head, to the
best of my ability to comprehend at the moment.  There is time
for more elaborate contextualization and indexing at the foot.
This makes a page more accessible via speech, but the benefit is
not only to speech accessors.  It makes the content more
accessible, period.

--
Al Gilman

Reference: