lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Fote's Lynx2-6FM

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Fote's Lynx2-6FM
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:26:38 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal)) write:
>Yes, the Lynx2-6FM page should have file size and dates, but I don't want
>to hard-code it and have it get out of date, and didn't have time (The boss
>thinks I should work while at work) to do an SSI type page. Look for the
>changes you ask for, but it may take a day or six.

        It's giving me "Permission denied" messages when I try to cp
to it, whether it use the logical (dist/lynx2-6fm.zip) or the full path.
An ls -al says I do have write permission, so something bizzare is going
on.   Is there any chance of just putting it back to the way it was?
What you have now is too complicated for my taste, even if it worked.

        Anyway, the code there is still that from Jan 14, 1996, and
tonight's update is only available from here:

01-16-97
* Added "first pass" cookie support based on patches from Andrew Kuchling
  (address@hidden).  Still needs work (see comments at top of LYCookie.c).
  A SET_COOKIE symbol in userdefs.h and lynx.cfg determines whether cookie
  support will be on or off by default, and the default can be toggled
  via a -cookies command line switch.  When on, Set-Cookie headers invoke
  confirmations with possible replies of 'Y'es or 'N'o for that cookie,
  'A'lways, to accept all cookies from that domain, or ne'V'er to never
  accept cookies from that domain.  The Cookie Jar can be examined via
  the COOKIE_JAR keystroke command, mapped by default to Ctrl-K.  The
  Cookie Jar, and any 'A'lways or ne'V'er settings, do not presently
  outlast the Lynx session. - FM

                                Fote