lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV downloading with the Library Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV downloading with the Library Lynx
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 09:20:39 -0500 (EST)

  Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 04:08:36 -0500
  From: address@hidden

  How do I download a file from the web using lynx? I go to download
  something like the program mIRC and it asks me 1)save to disk or 2) some
  other option. How do I download it ? I need help thank you!!!!!!!

Basically, it depends on how the Library has installed Lynx and how
your are accessing the computer at the library.

For example,

1) If you are physically at the library, ask the people who maintain
the internet connection if you can download to a floppy with their
setup, and take the floppy home.

2) If you are dialing in to the library, learn about the file transfer
capabilities of your modem program, and try to find a match between
the downloaders the library has installed under the download menu and
the transfer modes your modem program can handle.

Al Gilman

PS:  You might want to read the section on downloading in the User's
Guide.  Find the User's Guide from the H)elp menu or read the
2.6 version at Lynx links, which you can find from

  http://lynx.browser.org/

There are some further tips on downloading in the FAQ which you
can find from the above address.

;
;