lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Heyz

From: ELCHONON EDELSON
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Heyz
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 00:39:03 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> Ok a few things :)
> 1) Congratualtions..  :)  I love lynx and prefer it to the graphical
> browsers due to speed, etc..  :), but there are a few things i would
> like to see/suggest..

We are always happy to hear that someone like Lynx. Thank you.

> Ok here they are :)
>
> 1) Is there a way to Stop lynx from doing what it's currently doing like
> ctrl-s or something?  i mean i'm very impatient (eheh) and if the web
> page doesn't come up in about 5 seconds, or it's HUGE, i usually ctrl-c
> and then go back into lynx again and find out where i was.. if i could
> just stop it and go back where i was...

you can interrupt the downloading of a page by pressing 'z'.
This will not work during a name-lookup, although I think
there is a patch to the sourcecode that will allow that.

> 2) is there a way to instead of just announcing that images are there,
> actually download them to a .jpg or something?

I don't know this one. I'm sure someone else will
be glad to help you out.

> 3) When using lynx on this bbs's linux server, through telemate on my
> end, i get weird charachters all over the screen at random spots.  they
> look like a * gone supernova.. :)   on the ms-dos charachter set they
> are ascii code 15..   Is there a way to remove these?

You have to tell telemate to use vt102 terminal-emulation.
You have it set to ANSI terminal emulation. They ARE different.

> Hmm... guess that's all i have to say..
>
> Oh yeah is there like a way to have a list of bookmarks and stuff?  like
> if i find a good page but have to go or something, i can just tag it and

pressing 'A' will allow you to add a bookmark, pressing 'v'
will go to the bookmark page, and pressing 'H' should get
you the helpfiles, where you probably would have been able
to find this out yourself. :)

> hmm..  yea that's it :)   Please respond to: address@hidden
> thankee..
>

> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

--Elchonon           0 0