lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Can lynx thread usenet posts?

From: Ryan Hung
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Can lynx thread usenet posts?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:35:29 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have been searching for a way to get Lynx to thread usenet messages
> (the way tin does) instead of displaying messages in the order they are
> received at our site.  We are a Free-Net that provides free access to the
> Internet to about 43,000 users in South Florida.  We are about to switch
> from a menu based system to a web-based one, and Lynx will be the main
> browser used.

Incidently, the Vancouver CommunityNet has recently done the same kind of
switch, from Freeport to Lynx.  You can take a look at our interface by
telnetting to vcn.bc.ca and logging in as 'guest'.  We did however decide
to leave Tin and Pine as the Usenet and E-mail readers, respectively,
because each are much more powerful applications designed for their
respective tasks.  Lynx is primarily intended for web browsing, with just
basic newsreading and mail-sending support.

                                                        Ryan.

 \_Apoptosis=programmed cell death/  \__/  address@hidden/  \__/  \__
_/ --you can't live without it!/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
 \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \My words Copyright (C) 1996  \__

;
;