lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & Tables

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & Tables
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 14:58:44 -0700 (MST)

This question is related to formatting tables for ASCII or PRE...
does anybody know what the optimum line length (in characters) is for
purposes of readability? Does this vary by language? (Sorry, only 8-bit
character statistics are useful right now)

I would like to know because I'm experimenting with a cost-based rendering
of tables into ASCII, and I'd like to determine the relative costs of
breaking lines versus making lines very wide, in terms of readability.

Any help is appreciated.

;
;