lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx Zmodem download filenames

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx Zmodem download filenames
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 08:05:22 -0500 (EST)

  X-Personal_name: Joe Baker
  From: address@hidden
  Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx  Zmodem download filenames

  One thing plagues us though.  Whenever there's a link
  to a file to be downloaded / Sent to Terminal with Zmodem
  the filename gets changed to something like 5342134.htm
  I think a letter starts off the number section however.
  This confuses many of our users who use the lynx browser
  to download their tcp/ip stacks.

  What would cause the filename to change in this way?

[Al, here]
This can be fixed by the DOWNLOADER definition used in lynx.cfg
to connect Lynx with sz.

There are some examples in the FAQ.  Search with '/' for
"downloading" in

  http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ

Al Gilman