lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Request for Assistance

From: David Mischel
Subject: LYNX-DEV Request for Assistance
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 22:12:30 -0500 (EST)

My name is David Mischel.  My e mail address is address@hidden
I am sightless.  I have been using lynx through an internet provider
called hermes.  For 6 months I have been able to access the Washington
Post without any problems.  Apparently they have updated their site.  Now,
although I can stil get in, I can no longer access the articles.  I can go
into the various sections, but when I hit on an article and try to call it
up, I get an error message telling me that it's unable to connect.  People
using another browser can get the articles, so the problem is with the
compabability between lynx and the new set up.  The internet provider is
using lynx version 2.6 which I understand is the latest.  Someone
suggested that perhaps the scripts to get to the individual articles were
too long.  I am not a technical expert, so I'm not sure what that means.
If anyone has any suggestions,  I would appreciate them.  I can be reached
by phone at 202-554-8079 or at the e mail address shown above.  thanks in
advance for any assistance.

;
;