lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx binary distribution

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx binary distribution
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 13:58:29 -0500

    Subir> Since I now have ftp space at CRL (for whatever that's
    Subir> worth), I thought it might be useful for me to collect and
    Subir> distribute binaries from here.  I realized the importance
    Subir> of this when I tried to compile Lynx on crl and had various
    Subir> problems.  I finally gave up and found someone else willing
    Subir> to share an executable with me.  Now, we have amongst us
    Subir> people who build Lynx for a number of OSs.  I trust most of

  I would contrib, but my Lynx are now all built with SSL.
  I could build without.
  A question that arises, however, is where does lynx.cfg go?
/usr/local? --- I HATE that.

    Subir> If no one is exceedingly uncomfortable with this, I can
    Subir> begin collecting 2.6 binaries from people in this group and
    Subir> making them available.  Since I have ~5MB, I think I can
    Subir> probably make 10-15 available and replace them with newer
    Subir> ones as they become available.

  I have disk space, but not bandwidth.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network security consulting and
   Michael Richardson |      contract programming
 WWW: <A
HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html";>address@hidden</A>.
 PGP key available.

;