lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Gimmie a Cookie

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Gimmie a Cookie
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 20:49:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> If cookie support is put
> into Lynx, it should not be a "hack", but should be implemented properly
> according the the draft which would entail all of the stuff mentioned
> above in addition to complete disabling of cookies if the user so desires.
> (It might even default to disabled unless you explicitly enabled it.)

I agree that any cookie support should be user selectable.  Just fodder
for if/when anyone decides to tackle it.  I was really just curious to see
if anyone had started since the process sounded interesting and I
sometimes like to code-browse when my brain is overloaded.  (OK, so
we don't get cable up here...)

Get ready to use the fake user agent to test cookie sites if anyone tries
to implement it...sites like my.yahoo.com browser-discriminate by user
agent to tell if it supports cookies :-(  You would think they could just
do a set cookie and then look for it on the next page.

Wayne

;
;