lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Historical question about libwww used in Lynx.

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: LYNX-DEV Historical question about libwww used in Lynx.
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 02:53:27 -0600 (CST)

Ok, I have a question about the history of the wwwlib used in Lynx.  I
know that the version string says libwww/2.14-FM implying that it's
version 2.14 with heavy modifications made primarily by Fote.  Looking at
the history of changes on w3c for the current wwwlib, they list 2.15 as
having changes made by Lou Montoulli for Lynx... So, is the version in
Lynx actually 2.15 or 2.14 with mods?  I'm just curious because, like
Klaus, I have done some investigation about the possibility of
incorporating at least portions of the newer wwwlib (probably not as much
work as Klaus though. :) ).  I did try to make it on HP-UX, and it wil
definitely require gnu make. :(  That might be something that would have
to be taken out...