lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV feature-requests

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV feature-requests
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 22:00:18 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:
>
>> > probable bugs:
>> >   -  sometimes , when i return to my bookmarks-page with the "back"-key
>> >         the bookmark-page appears in source-mode.
>>
>> Hmmm, never heard of or seen this one before.  What version of lynx are
>> you using?
>
>He may be invoking his "bookmark" file on startup of Lynx with
>-force_html, i.e. to Lynx it wouldn't be the (or now, a) bookmark file
>but just any old file.  If the name doesn't end in ".html", the described
>behavior is what one would get after Lynx has uncached the file.
>Just a possibility.

        Yes, and the docs stress that the bookmark files should have
a .html suffix for that reason.  How can we set up a -force_read_docs
switch to apply to the Lynx users? :) :) :)

        In setting up the multi-bookmark support to work properly for
adds, deletes and reloads across different bookmark files, I had to
expand the anchor and document structures to include a bookmark element,
so now the main loop can check that and always force HTML handling for
bookmark files.

                                Fote