lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV blank screen

From: brian2
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV blank screen
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 07:42:56 -0600 (CST)

> I often get a blank screen when selecting some links. I will leave the
> following message for the webmaster of the site. Can you suggest a better
> solution for this problem. I think we are using Lynx 2.5. Thanks for your
> help.

Hello.

Probably what you want to do is to hit your ' key on your keyboard. This
turns historical comment parsing on, and allows you to view the page as
normal. What this problem generally stems from is badly formed comments in
HTML, either not being closed properly, or something else along those
lines. This will likely be a solution to your problem.

Hope this helps.

--brian

| Brian Wilmer                | Middle Tennessee State University |
| MAIL: address@hidden <A HREF="http://www.mtsu.edu/~m_c_00a7";>|
| The R in RTFM stands for "Read", not for "Make one quick attempt|
| to find something, and if that fails assume it is not there".   |
|                             |             --Klaus Weide         |