lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/lynxfaq.html

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/lynxfaq.html
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:00:03 -0700

address@hidden (gregory j. rosmaita) writes about an error in the
FAQ and my discussion of a lynx DTD.

Gregory,

Thanks for the comments. I changed the date for when KU dropped development
of lynx to Sep. 1995, so I hope you were right there. I didn't fix the
underscore (instead of a dash) in lynx-dev as you indicated as I had already
changed it from a mailto: to lynx-dev to a link to Subir's about_lynx-dev
page.

Regarding a Lynx DTD. I don't want a DTD to pass around, but one that I can
use locally to very certain FOR LYNX pages that have speciallized lynxisms
in them, such as the use of <TAB> to get alignment right in places where other
browsers would use tables. I use webber with will validate against a DTD, and
would like it to understand those. Anyway, I got the HTMLPro DTD, but ran into
a snag installing it in webber. Thanks to those who pointed me at it.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,