lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: New Lynx FAQ

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: New Lynx FAQ
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:16:58 -0700

David Combs made some interesting suggestions on the LynxFAQ that Joe and I\
are doing, but let me comment a bit on why I won't be acting on them.

1. I don't want to tell users to hit ^a to go back to the top of the page
because WHAT IF THEY AREN'T USING LYNX? Maybe we have some person stuck at
the end of a 2400 baud connection, trying to use NS or IE, or maybe they are
blind instead. We want to enable them to find out as much as they can about
Lynx using their inferior browser so that they can decide to obtain Lynx. That
is one reason that I am making sure this looks good in NS, as well as Lynx.
I even used a table at one point for NS's sake, though <TAB> handled things
nicely for Lynx.

2. I am not up to editing Lynx source to add any of the new features you
mentioned. Frankly, if I was, there are more pressing things in Lynx (from
my perspective) that I would be addressing if I was up to it.

3. Thanks for the comments anyway. Do feel free to offer any other observations
or contributions on this project.

4. I have done a bit more work on the FAQ. I now have the glossary section
converted to a real form, and linked to a CGI script. At the moment, the
script only returns a message stating that the glossary is not online yet.
Ideas on how you would like to have a lookup presented would be appreciated.

see http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/lynxfaq.html and go to the Glossary entry (or add
#glossary to the end of the URL)

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,