lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Badly formatted lynx display

From: Robert Bonomi
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Badly formatted lynx display
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:22:49 -0600 (CST)

This is *probably* a 'mis-match' between the _actual_ type of terminal
or terminal-emulation being used, and what LYNX "thinks" you have.  Any
resolution of this is O/S environment specific.  Lacking *any* information
on your environment, it is simply -not- possible to offer any help.

"Noise" on the line between you and the host computer can also manifest
itself with those kinds of symptoms. There is evidence in your mail message
that you *do* have a noise problem.

You have asked the equivalent of "I own a car. It's blue. Sometimes, when
I go around a curve, it runs rough.  How do I repair it?"

You have to provide -precise- details about your set-up -- i.e., (1) what is
the 'host' machine (manufacturer, O/S, O/S version, at a minimum), (2) what
you are using as a 'terminal', (3) how the two are connected together, and
(4) the version of LYNX you're using.

You included -none- of that information.  Since you sent mail from within
LYNX, it -did- tag in the version number, *one* of the four pieces required
to intelligently discuss the situation is present.  Unfortunately, it is
not enough, in this case.

+ From address@hidden  Mon Nov 25 17:07:46 1996