lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV composite patch update and changes

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV composite patch update and changes
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 11:55:01 -0500 (EST)

"Hiram Lester, Jr." <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Ok, the latest version of the composite patch is up and running at
>> http://www.mtsu.edu/~ripa0003/lynx.html
>>
>> I corrected a couple of typos in the help files that Fote missed and also
>> added the select_popups configuration option to the .lynxrc.
>> Unfortunately, you can't change its value from the O)ptions screen until
>> better option processing comes along (I'm looking it that as well as time
>> permits). :( If you don't have a value set for it, do the following to get
>> it into your .lynxrc...
>
>Doh!  I think the Majordomo typo bug hit me in a big way. :)  Actually,
>that's what I get from trying to post a coherent message early in the
>morning.  The information I gave in PARTIALLY correct.  One of my earlier
>versions worked this way, but I've since changed things a bit.
>[...]

        It's nice, but I further modified it so that the -popup toggle
still works:

11-23-96
* Added the ability to store the NO_SELECT_POPUPS in the .lynxrc, but the
  .lynxrc must be edited manually until the options handling is converted
  to a form-like interface that accommodates more options.  For now, select
  "O"ptions and write out the options with ">" to create a block in .lynxrc
  with an explanation of the switch.  The switch is "select_popups" and
  can have the values of "on", "off", or nothing.  If nothing, the default
  set in userdefs.h or lynx.cfg will persist.  Otherwise, "on" will set use
  of popups and "off" will set use of radio buttons as the default.  The
  startup default always can be toggled via the -popup switch. - HL & FM
* Corrected a couple of typos in the help files. - HL

                                Fote