lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV pardon my french

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV pardon my french
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 00:26:37 -0700

>NOW, please tell me how to get lynx to show this stuff "correctly"
>in seven-bit ascii.  Or are you claiming that the above printout
>IS "correct".  (If so, then I guarantee you my french isn't good
>enough to be able to read it, and I for one would MUCH prefer
>seeing my uppercaseify-hack's output.)

Actually, when I (for one) recived your copy of the way you viewed things
at the french sites, I saw wonderful french complete with accents. Obvioulsy
you have a problem, but I don't think it is the one you seem to think it is!
Lynx is quite capable of displaying the accents, so you need to figure out
why your site/terminal doesn't.

Oh, and please pardon the testy responses. Some people write before they
think, some are just having bad days (had a few of those myself this last
week) and several other reasons for short tempers. Most of the time, people
on this list are very civil and polite in trying to help each other.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,