lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV DIRED mods

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DIRED mods
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 19:16:51 +0900 (JST)

> probably not worth the trouble, and it could be difficult to protect
> against loss of file if e.g. the target filesystem becomes full while
> copying.)
>
> But that should not lead to a fatal error.

Agree on both here.  Since hardly anyone is using DIRED anyway, you
don't want to waste a lot of time on it.  We don't want crashes, though.

> I will try to reproduce your fatal errors.  Let me know if you can
> narrow down when they occur.

It seems to be getting wider as I try new things.  When I tried to
create a new file outside of $HOME, lynx crashed:

touch: cannot create /home/kyoin/nelsonhe/../testing: Permission denied

Is sunos going to like that extra stuff in there?  I think we opened a can
of worms, not bugs!

But, I just now remembered that I only have your original patch on without
the mods made by Fote.  It'll have to be next weekend, but I'll try to
download Hiram's latest set, and test with that.  __Henry
;
;