lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Sun4 won't compile

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Sun4 won't compile
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 21:16:02 -0800 (PST)

A Sun 4.1.1 w/ncurses user got the following with 'make sun4':
> [everything compiles okay...]
>
> collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
> ld: /usr/5lib/libtermcap.a(setupterm.o): _reset_prog_mode: multiply defined
> /usr/5lib/libtermcap.a(setupterm.o): _setupterm: multiply defined
> /usr/5lib/libtermcap.a(setupterm.o): _def_shell_mode: multiply defined
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lynx'
> Current working directory /home/lynx2-6/src
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sun4'

I tried compiling Lynx 2.6 on a Sun 4.1.4 system, with gcc, sans ncurses,
and got a similar error with 'make sun4':

[everything compiles okay, although with numerous warnings about
redefinitions of constants in the system termios.h and the gcc termios.h]

collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
ld: Undefined symbol
   _strerror
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lynx'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/lynx/lynx2-6/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sun4'

This did not happen with Lynx 2.5FM (25 May 1996).  I am also not familiar
enough with libraries to debug this one.  Any suggestions greatly
appreciated.

Mike
;
;