lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/bin_transfer

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/bin_transfer
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 07:50:51 -0500 (EST)

  X-Personal_name: tomas moberg
  From: address@hidden

  I wonder how I can download a file in binary format?
  I want to download a .arj file but it gets D/L in text format.
  Any short key command and/or any deffault settings?

One workaround in this situation is to use the "save to local
file" option in the download menu, and then get out of Lynx and
do the download yourself, using command options appropriate to
the download software to force a binary transfer.  You can also
change or add to the downloader definitions you use in Lynx by
using a personal lynx.cfg file.

Some discussion of the latter is offered in the FAQ.

Al Gilman
;
;