lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV [Q] SSL-lynx, libwww, I18N...

From: Jung Joowon
Subject: LYNX-DEV [Q] SSL-lynx, libwww, I18N...
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 21:22:01 +0900 (KST)

Hello... This is a newbie's first question. :)
(Is this expression right? I'm not good at English. ^^;)

1. I managed to get lynx2-5.SSLeay5.1.b.patch.gz and I patched and
   compiled lynx2-5. But, there was some bug. (Invalid request such as
   "GET httpwww.postech.ac.kr/HTTP/1.0" to proxy) I have search for
   the bug, and finally remove that problem by changing strcat to
   StrAllocCat and strcpy to StrAllocCopy. (just a few lines. :)

   Anyway, I come to know the vague idea of SSL patch of lynx. So, I
   want to make SSL patch for lynx 2-6. If I make and distribute
   SSL patch using lynx2-5.SSLeay5.1.b.patch.gz, is there any problem
   such as copyright or ITAR? (As you know, I'm Korean in Korea.)

2. I realized that the most of SSL patch is concentrated on the patch
   of libwww. I guess that it is meaningful to make SSL patch of
   libwww 5.0a which is W3C's current version of libwww.

   My question is...
        Which version of libwww that lynx using?
        If it is not libww5.0a, is there any plan to change libwww in
        lynx to a new one?

3. A junior (friend in western(?) sense) of mine have tried to localized
   lynx. He made LYMessage_ko.h at first. But, some English messages remain.
   He tried to fix other files. Still remain. As a result, he modified
   almost all files in src directory. (He have worked with lynx2-6.
   lynxrp? He have never seen yet... If he knows about new version of
   lynx, he would get crazy... ^^; )

   Is there a plan to modulize for lynx messages such as PGP language
   module or using gettext() like call? If I want to participate
   modulization (hmm... it's a internationalization(I18N)?), how can
   I do it?

4. I heard that there is a lynx (ftp) archive for developers. But,
   I don't know where it is. If I or some other person in Korea
   participate in development, is it better to make mirror site of
   developer's archive?

Thanks in advance...

-Jung Joowon a.k.a Sanori

;