lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Finding Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Finding Lynx
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 12:29:45 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal))
                                                              ... Now,
  having reviewed it with lynx to be sure my idea works, let me ammend my
  suggestion to:

  change the line:

  <li>A broad range of Lynx information is collected at the <a
  href="http://www.nyu.edu/pages/wsn/subir/lynx.html";>Lynx Enhanced
  Pages</a>.

  to become:

  <li>A broad range of Lynx information is collected at the <a
  href="http://www.nyu.edu/pages/wsn/subir/lynx.html";>Lynx Enhanced
  Pages</a> including
  <A HREF="http://www.nyu.edu/pages/wsn/subir/lynx.html#toc";>where
  to get Lynx</A>.

  which, when rendered would change:

       * A broad range of Lynx information is collected at the Lynx
         Enhanced Pages.

  to:

       * A broad range of Lynx information is collected at the Lynx
         Enhanced Pages including where to get Lynx.

  and not change the display size. I really think that "Dumb Users" need
  this level of explicit directions!

  Does this seem a little more reasonable?

The earlier was reasonable, and this is yet better.  Have you
looked at the draft at

  http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/guides/top2.html

?  I think it meets your criterion.  That version is something
that I cooked up in response to Henry's earlier comments.  It
hasn't made it to lynx.browser.org yet because after Fote got Rob
to "do it now" for the second draft, he naturally wasn't keen to
do it again, again, right away.

Al Gilman
;
;