lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV interesting note regarding lynx usage

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV interesting note regarding lynx usage
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 21:42:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Chad Simmons wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Walter Skorski wrote:
>
> > Larry Virden writes:
> > Or maybe not.  Consider:  people accessing cas.org with Lynx are more
> > likely to be looking specifically for Lynx information; those that are
> > using 2.0.10 and are either happy with it or resigned to its flaws
>
> Either that or these people since they dont have root access think that
> they are stuck with whatever the admin puts on.

I have a pretty high Lynx hit count so I can't really put in a comparison
of Lynx <-> other, but I can say that I see a bell curve of usage starting
at 2.3 BETA and ending at 2-5FM.  2-4xxx is pretty popular and I get very
few hits from < 2.3 and 2.6.

I did get one amiga Lynx hit, and one from "Lynx 2.5-Die-Hootie!" 8-)

Wayne

;
;