lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx2-6 on SunOS 4.1.1

From: Petri Jooste
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx2-6 on SunOS 4.1.1
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 16:05:58 +0200 (EET)

I tried to compile lynx2-6 on a Sparcstation 1 with SunOS4.1.1
and gcc v2.4.   All that I changed in the Makefile is the addition of
RESOLVLIB.  I did this because a binary version of lynx2-5 on this
machine gave me the message "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host" and
the INSTALLATION and PROBLEMS files suggested that.

Anyway, it compiled and gave me lists of warnings to the effect of

/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-sunos4.1/2.4.5/include/sys/termios.h:183:
warning: `PENDIN' redefined

which I have no idea of whether it is serious or not.
It then stopped with an error in the linking process
which is quoted below.

> Linking and creating Lynx executable
> gcc -O -DUNIX -DSUN     -DSUN4 -DFANCY_CURSES -DLOCALE
> -I../WWW/Library/Implementation -I/usr/5include         -DDIRED_SUPPORT
> -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT -I..  -o
> lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o LYEdit.o LYStrings.o>   LYMail.o HTAlert.o
> GridText.o LYGetFile.o  LYMain.o LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o
> LYUtils.o  LYOptions.o LYReadCFG.o LYSearch.o LYHistory.o  LYForms.o
> LYPrint.o LYrcFile.o LYDownload.o LYNews.o LYKeymap.o  HTML.o HTFWriter.o
> HTInit.o DefaultStyle> .o LYLocal.o LYUpload.o  LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o
> LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o  LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o
> LYMap.o ../WWW/Library/sun4/libwww.a  -lcurses -ltermcap -L/usr/5lib  -lresolv
> ld: /usr/5lib/libcurses.a: warning: table of contents for archive is out of
> date; rerun ranlib(1)
> ld: /usr/5lib/libtermcap.a: warning: table of contents for archive is out of
> date; rerun ranlib(1)
> ld: Undefined symbol
>    _delkeymap
> collect: ld returned 2 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lynx'
> Current working directory /home1/rkw/petri/ftp/lynx-2.6/lynx2-6/src
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sun4'

Now I am stuck!
Could there be a problem with the libcurses.a or libtermcap.a
library archives ?
What else can I try to help determine the problem?
I never wrote programs that uses curses or termcap routines before,
so any help will be appreciated.