lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Curses.h and the curses library.

From: Ian T Zimmerman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Curses.h and the curses library.
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 21:40:51 -0800

In article <address@hidden> Duncan
Hill <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi.  I'm trying to build Lynx on my linux box, without ncurses or
> slang, but don't seem to have the curses library.  Anybody got an
> idea as to where it might be on the net (or my system, tho locate
> only reports slang and ncurses).  Its a box running RedHat 3.0.3,
> kernel 2.0.12.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, if it is
> agreed that binaries should be provided, are there any special
> options in userdefs.h that need to be considered (one that pops to
> mind is the definition of your site)?

I don't understand --- if you already have ncurses, why would you want
not to use them with lynx?  ncurses is now the _official_ free version
of curses; anything else you may find will be 1) unsupported and 2) of
shadowy legality.

--
Ian T Zimmerman                        <address@hidden>
I fully support the President's proposal to test driver's license