lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV downloading docs to local directory

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV downloading docs to local directory
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 11:25:42 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Culhane said:

> I want to download pictures and docs from the web to my local directory
> on my unix account.  At the moment when I try to download
> filesThey are downloaded to another directory on the
> Unix system which does not exist.  How do I change the default directory
> to my local  directory.

I know of no configuration option to change the default directory -- it's
just the current working directory when you execute lynx.  Is it possible
that your admins have wrapped lynx in a script that does a cd?

If this the case, can you get your admins to change it?

Meantime, can you type a fully qualified path to the file you want to
save when lynx prompts you for the filename?

-- gil
;
;