lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Possible configuration problem with Lynx 2.6 linux-ncurses

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Possible configuration problem with Lynx 2.6 linux-ncurses
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 10:27:04 +0900 (JST)

> > *** lynx2-6/src/LYCurses.h.dist     Tue Jul 16 19:00:55 1996
> > ! #  include <ncurses/curses.h>
                  ^^^^^^^^
> I'm curious here.  Since NetBSD-1.2 was just released a couple weeks

To repeat, I'm on a sunos4, and really I should not have changed the
NetBSD ifdef, because I have no way to test it.  Sorry for that.
Older versions of NetBSD may need the ifdef, though, so this might require
a version check to get it right.

My understanding of this change is simply that the original LYCurses.h was/is
forcing everyone to have their curses headers under a subdirectory `ncurses'.
The default for ncurses now AFAIK is to put the headers right in include,
no subdirectory.  I felt at the time that forcing a change of this nature
was the wrong way to go, i.e., you _can always add_ a subdirectory in your
compiling flags in Makefile, but you _can't take out_ a subdirectory.  Thus
this patch, versus making a dummy subdirectory and linking to it.  __Henry
;
;