lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: http://lynx.browser.org/ "Home Page"

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: http://lynx.browser.org/ "Home Page"
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:08:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Rob Partington - Admin wrote:

> James Spath wrote:
> > >   Lynx is a full-featured character-mode browser for the World Wide Web.
[...]
> > >     * Archives of Lynx-Dev, the Lynx Developers mailing list.
> > >     * Al Gilman's Lynx FAQ
> > >     * Lynx Enhanced Pages information about Lynx and writing for Lynx
> > >       users.
> > >     * Yahoo's Lynx page
> > >     * The About Lynx page at the University of Kansas (may be out of
> > >       date)
> > >     * LynxRP

> > I think Fote's name and URL belong on page 1, no?
>
> Yes, but I have no idea what to put.  Actually, that's not strictly true.
> I think something along the lines of
>
> Much of lynx development from 2.4 to 2.6 was done by Fote.
> He's having some (well deserved) time off from it now.
> I'm now handling the development of lynx.
> This is a repository for all lynx related stuff.
>
> If you can write something that covers all that, or just anything, then
> I'd be grateful - I'm useless at writing 'normal' text since I'm almost
> completely switched over to writing technical documentation in my head.
> [And anyway, that page was done by Subir - I just put it up.]

Check at [Foteos Macrides] pages for more information about the
development of Lynx software from versions 2.4 through 2.6.  Fote has
greatly advanced the state of the art in textual web browsing.

WdUS{+X2e6mt${6._[/<C5~mEVeY5J1,6>U%N~y"Br4L6Lm%S0XI8RRTs"'address@hidden@address@hidden'"
 cKd3Acq&}J;,FhT"6d1[H=*<;o2?Z_RK&He4+Td%v3:47/5;A>0mBqsG-KB8l:\43FGDe;U
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"

;
;