lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV browser.org

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV browser.org
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:41:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Duncan Hill wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Michael Richardson wrote:
>
> > replicated machined. It still requires a virtual host though.
> >   Better is to make all  help URLs be:
> >     http://lynx.browser.org/lynx-xxx/
>
>  Why not make the front page readable my almost all versions of Lynx, and
> have links to the various help pages..or does this clutter the main page
> too much?

I would be very surprised if more than 30% Lynx users in my surroundings
would know how to obtain lynx version (and there are hundreds of them).
The server can do it transparently for the end user. If there is only one
link to help pages and the server does redirects, you are sure that no one
will have trouble with it.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden