lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/refindex.html

From: Jarkko Hietaniemi
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/refindex.html
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:34:27 +0300 (EET DST)

Klaus Weide writes:

 > I am not sure what you are saying here.
 >
 > Actually, it seems clear enough, it is just so strange I have to ask:
 >
 > Are you really saying that *first* Lynx gives you that "A Fatal error...
 > ...Lynx now exiting..." message but then instead of immediately exiting
 > it goes on to put garbage on your screen??

Yes, that is exactly what I saw, I still see, and what I think
I said... Perhaps I should have stressed the strangeness. First lynx
babbles about signal 11 _and_ then it still tries to render something
and _then_ it says 'exiting via interrupt 0'.

 > The unfixed Lynx will fail if it tries to display more than 256 links
 > on one page.

Static allocation? #define MAXFOO 256? Oh my goodness, this is 1996,
isn't it? :-)

 > - wait for a new official Lynx release,

About when? I do not want yyyy:mm:dd:HH:MM:SS estimate, just a
rough idea, monthwise or so.

 > - get the Composite Patch package from

Thanks. I'll try if I find time to install a Lynx of my own,
I am not the sysadmin at the site I found this bug.

 > - use a smaller screen size (if that is possible).

I rather like my 80x65 vt220 :-), using it from under screen(1)
is neat with a 19.2 line.

--
$jhi++;
# Jarkko Hietaniemi <URL:http://www.iki.fi/~jhi/> <URL:mailto:address@hidden>