lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 06:25:59 -0700

>       Tilde and underscore are the only command keys left for it.
> My preference is underscore (my predisposition is to save tilde as
> the "gold key" for a second tier of commands, someday, with other
> keys, e.g. the VTxxx PDF1, as configurable synonyms).

Hey, isn't it about time for multiple-character commands?

About tilde as "gold key" -- ok, but only as long as
it is REDEFINABLE, the way it is in unix MAIL.

I dial in via TIP, which itself uses tilde as its
"gold key".

Fortunately, mail allows me to redefine that key-purpose,
so I have redefined mail's gold-key to be pipe-symbol;
that is, I sucked into this mail response the text
of the preceeding mail via "|m", not "~m" -- because
the tilde is watched for by TIP.

And then into VI by "|e".

---

BUT -- if you go to this second-level of commands, please
do like EMACS, and allow for multiple-character commands.
Please DO NOT limit it to single characater cmds!!!!!!!!

---

I still like emacs' "M-X" command.
;
;