lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV browser.org

From: ELCHONON EDELSON
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV browser.org
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 20:56:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Walter Skorski wrote:

[SNIP!]
> If someone were so bound and determined to take sole posession of the
> l-y-n-x sequence of letters, I doubt we could stop them, and I also
> doubt they'd be satisfied with anything less than expunging it
> completely.

If someone were bound and determined to take possesion
of the l-y-n-x sequence of letters, they would run into one
simple little problem. That sequence of letters is in the
PUBLIC DOMAIN! You canNOT copyright something like that,
because that word 'lynx' is the name a a variety of animal.
Would you have them going through all the dictionaries
editing every 'lynx' entry to read "MY Widget, Copyrighted"?

> --
> .  iksrokS retlaW<>Walter Skorski  ..   address@hidden
>  Computer Administrator, Div. of Medical Genetics <snippety>

--Elchonon         0 0