lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 19:41:08 -0500 (EST)

Doug Lawson <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>  3) Mail to 'webmaster' will inevitably get a lot of replies like:
>     "Stop harassing me, that page belongs to so-and-so", which in
>     many cases will be valid.

        Perhaps, but "address@hidden" is now a generic address, like
www.host.dom.  Here, for example, it points to someone whose job,
among other things, is to forward the mail to whomever is the
appropriate person for whatever is in the message, and does not point
to the "webmaster" in the sense of the person who oversees functioning
of the server.  I suspect there are lots of sites set up that way now.

                                Fote