lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Patch for displaying a document while it's being downloaded

From: ganesh
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Patch for displaying a document while it's being downloaded
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 12:08:47 +0530 (IST)

>I wonder if you couldn't reasonably add support for selecting a link in a
>parially displayed  (still coming in) document by checking for the appropriate
>keystrokes, and if found, initiate a zap and then go to the new URL.

This patch is a hack. It doesn't fit into the structure of the existing code,
but it doesn't affect the rest of the code either AFAIK. Adding support for
selecting links etc. would probably be a far dirtier job, and wouldn't be
worth it. After all, you can manually zap and select the link quite easily...

>Oh, this patch seems like a really good idea. Wish I could test it out. (no
>patch utility on my system, and no current likelihood of getting it soon)

You don't need patch ... you can easily edit the files manually.
Just look at the context of the patch, locate it in the file using the
line numbers mentioned and add the lines marked with a '+'.

                                                        -- ganesh