lwip-users

[lwip-users] http_client.c: add custom header at run-time

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: [lwip-users] http_client.c: add custom header at run-time
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 14:19:14 +0100

I'm trying to implement a dynamic DNS client with lwip. The update protocol[1] is very simple: it's HTTP based, so I thought to use http_client.c that comes with lwip project.

Unfortunately this protocol needs the header "Authorization" in the request. It seems http_client.c doesn't support additional headers from "User-Agent" (customizable through macro), "Accept: */*", "Host" (generated at run-time) and "Connection: Close".

What do you suggest to add the "Authorization" header in the request? Note that this header isn't static, because it depends on username and password (it must be calculated at run-time).

In my application I will use http_client.c for other connections where "Authorization" header shouldn't be present. So this header should be added or not at run-time for each connection.

[1] https://www.noip.com/integrate/request