lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help on porting lwIP to Beaglebone Black (AM335X) with

From: goldsimon
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help on porting lwIP to Beaglebone Black (AM335X) with Xenomai
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 19:00:53 +0100

Hi,

Am 28. Januar 2019 17:42:39 MEZ schrieb "Baur, Elias" <address@hidden>:
>Hello everyone,
>

>I am new to lwIP and did a lot of research the last couple of days. My
>goal ist to do real time networking between wire-connected
>Beagleboards. Therefore, we have been setting up a Xenomai Co-Kernel on
>the boards. To actually send and receive UDP-packets, we want to use
>lwIP.

Why do you want to use lwIP. Of course it's possible to do that, but have you
thought about using Linux with RT patch? Would that not be enough to reach your
requited realtime timing?

With your approach, I guess you will need to give lwIP exclusive access to the
petrol interface.

>I have found out that TI has already ported lwIP on its CPU in its
>Starterware:
>http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/StarterWare_CPSW_Port_lwIP Now
>I am wondering whether it is possible to adapt this for my use case? Or
>what do you recommend to do to get lwIP running?

I really can't help you much there. If the network interface is for use
exclusively to lwIP, I guess the netif driver can be reused. But you'll need to
port lwIP to Xenomai (if that hasn't been done yet).

Regards,
Simon